Knit Flix

Friday, May 21, 2004

Changes

Big changes. Originally, I had this posted on Tripod, but quickly found out that you can't post images using their free service. So, I'm starting this blog here--new location, new topic, new look. Ch-ch-ch-changes!

It's been so long since I've posted, I need to change the entire direction of this blog. No more movies, I'm jumping on the knitting blog band wagon. (Try saying that 3 times fast!)

Well, maybe I'll mention a Netflix movie rating now and again.
Unfaithful (***)

Since February, I've dusted off the knitting needles and have rediscovered knitting. It all came about when I was asked to teach someone how to knit--little did they know what they were unleashing with that request!

Here's what I've discovered in the last 3 months:

  • Socks! Socks! Socks!

  • With that, Addi Turbos and self patterning sock yarn. I kind of went crazy on eBay and bought more sock yarn than I can possibly knit in a year without being permanently crippled. So, I've decided to alternate socks with different projects to give my hands a break.

  • Denise knitting needles

  • I'm more interested in using circular knitting needles, so the Denise set sounds perfect. I've got a set on order and should receive it soon.

  • Stitch 'n Bitch

  • I'm not even sure how I came across SnB, but now I meet with these great women every week. I love to see the projects that everyone's working on, and the fantastic yarn that people are using. Also, getting advice and tips from others who have "been there, done that" is great. A side benefit is I'm more motivated to make progress on my own projects. I find that I don't want to show up week after week working on the same thing--I am driven to completion!

  • Felting

  • Not that I've felted anything yet, but some of the SnB'ers have made felted bags and the like. I've got some Cascade 220 on order, so a felted project is somewhere in my future.

Now I need to fire up my camera and post some photos of completed projects. If only I had taken a picture of the baby blanket I made before mailing it off to the expectant mom... oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home