Knit Flix

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Passing down traditions

I was talking about the napa cabbage shortage in Korea with my mom the other day. That's when I realized that in all these years I haven't learned how to make kimchi, a staple in Korean cuisine.

My mom was more than happy to show me and my sister the ins and outs of making the traditional variety of kimchi where seasoned ingredients are stuffed between leaves of napa cabbage.

Napa cabbage
Napa cabbage

Brining
Brining

The hot stuff
The hot stuff

Ready to put it all together
Ready to put it all together

Assembling the kimchi
Assembling

Pack tightly
Pack tightly

Kimchi!
Kimchi!

The sights and smells brought back a lot of childhood memories and now I'm equipped with the know-how to make it in my own house. It'll be ready to eat in a few days. I can't wait!

Thanks Mom!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home