Knit Flix

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Jaunty

The way Anne Kuo Lukito's Morgan hat is constructed is quite amazing. Most of it is knit in one piece, then there's some grafting and some sewing up, but nothing that's toooooo complicated.

Morgan hat
Morgan hat
Project page on Ravelry


I found a notebook with a thick plastic cover, so I tore it off, cut it to size, and sewed it inside the peak (brim) to give it shape. The pattern suggests using 2 snaps to attach the brim to the body of the hat, but that didn't look right on mine so I sewed the hat to the brim along entire front edge.

This is weird. I'm not a hat person.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • The hat looks great on you. I am also not a hat person but I do wear one when it's really hot.

    By Blogger Ann, at 2/13/2013 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home