Must See at Stitches West
Stitches West 2014
Friday 10am to 6pm
Saturday 10am to 6pm
Sunday 10am to 4pm
Santa Clara Convention Center
Santa Clara, CA
Related posts --
Stitches West 2014 Discount Coupon: 50% off Stitches West Coupon
Coming soon: Stitches West 2014: Passport Game and Marketplace maps, updated 2/15/2014
What is on your "must see" list for Stitches West?
If you're like me, you're going to see everything the show has to offer, but if you only had 15 minutes to visit the Marketplace (eek!) where would you go?
Here's my list:
- Bar-Maids, Booths 1035, 1037
- Surprise! My first stop won't be for fiber or yarn. I won a Lo-Lo Body Bar door prize last year and I love it. I've been using it every day and now I'm hooked. I'll be sure to visit them early to get my pick of scents.
- Lisa Souza Knitwear and Dyeworks, Booths 718, 720, 722
- I only get to see Lisa and Rod once a year (unless there's a chance meeting at Fentons or a meet-up at the CA State Fair), so Lisa's booth is definitely one I won't miss. I always pick up spinning fiber and this year I imagine she'll have more luxury fiber than ever. Mmmmmm, luxury fiber.
- WEBS - America's Yarn Store, Booths 404, 406, 408, 410, 412, 503, 505, 507, 509, 511
- What would Stitches West be without a visit to WEBS? I mean, come on, look at the booth #'s. This is a special year for WEBS, they're celebrating their 40th Anniversary so I know they'll have some special treats for us. In fact, there's one special something that I'm really looking forward to seeing. (I'll be able to tell you more about that later.) If I ever visit Northampton, MA, I know I'd need to set aside at least 2 days to visit their warehouse. Until then, I'll shop to my heart's content at WEBS West.
- KCL Woods, Booth 737
- We missed Ken last year, but he's scheduled to be at Stitches West this year. I love the handmade shuttles and spindles that I bought from him and there's a good chance I'll find something that has to come home with me this year.
- A Verb For Keeping Warm / Designs by Romi, Booths 1034, 1036, 1038
- Verb is a local store, but just far enough away that I don't get to visit very often. I love their style and their philosophy. Romi shares a booth with Verb, and she's a designer of shawl pins and beautiful lace patterns. I am looking forward to seeing Kristine, Adrienne, and Romi.
- Purlescence Yarns, Booths 804, 806, 808, 903, 905, 907
- Another local store, Purlescence is at the center of my creative community. They're going to have a ton of hand dyed fiber, looms, custom embroidered accessories, and other goodies. I'll be stopping by all weekend, guaranteed.