Knit Flix

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Twisted, bent, and wrapped

I admit it. I'm hooked on Craftsy classes. The one I've been engrossed in lately is the Jewelry Workshop taught by Max Goodman.

Engrossed. That's one word for it.


Red Jasper and sterling silver wire wrapped bracelet


Czech beads and sterling silver wire wrapped bracelet


Sterling Silver Wire Wrapped Bracelet and Earrings With Glass Beads


Crystals and Wire Wrapped Bracelet and Earrings


Glass Beads and Sterling Silver Bracelet


Glass Beads and Sterling Silver Bracelet

The class also covers chain making and chain maille. I had a lot of trouble with the jump rings flipping around with the chain maille, but I finally got it. These practice pieces are made with inexpensive aluminum jump rings.


Bird's Nest chain


Chain maille

I decided it was time to order sterling silver jump rings and assorted Swarovski crystals from Rio Grande Jewelry Supplies to make a "for real" chain maille piece.


So much potential

Here are the chain maille earrings.


4-in-1 Chain Maille Earrings

The design is from Beaducation.com.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Beautiful work. I do understand your obsession as it happened to me too. Now I only make the earrings as and when I need one.

    By Blogger Ann, at 5/19/2014 3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home