Knit Flix

Friday, March 27, 2020

Stay-At-Home HMF

We're on the 11th day of the Stay-At-Home* Order. It hasn't even been 2 weeks but it seems like 2 months.

I'm working full time from home which was challenging in the beginning, but it's fine now. We're adjusting to being at home and only going out for essentials. In the beginning I was worried about feeling cooped up. But just yesterday I had to go to the pharmacy and the grocery store and being out in the world was very stressful. I had a N95 mask firmly in place and slathered hand sanitizer on when I got back in my car, but my mind kept telling me to go home, go home.

My Hand Made Friday is a fabric mask I made using this pattern. There is a nationwide movement to make masks because there is a shortage of the N95 masks that are needed to protect against the virus. Many of the N95 masks are meant to be used once and then discarded. Unfortunately, the shortage is forcing people to use their mask--if they are fortunate enough to have a mask--multiple times which puts them at risk. The washable fabric masks are not rated N95 and therefore are not as protective against the virus, but some people are wearing these over their N95 masks to extend the life of their masks, or are choosing to wear them by themselves with the thought that any type of barrier is better than nothing. What is most important is the wearer must understand and recognize the limitations of a fabric mask.

Oh, and I'm also wearing Jasper Herringbone earrings.

Be well.

HMF

* The Shelter-In-Place order was changed to a Stay-At-Home order because Shelter-In-Place is what they teach kids to do when there's an active shooter. What a world we live in, huh?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home