Knit Flix

Saturday, May 22, 2004

Socks #3--done!

Cube ()
It was so awful, we couldn't sit through it.


I finally finished the 3rd pair of socks. As soon as I finished weaving in the last end, they were promptly put on and walked right out the door. But, don't worry, they'll be back tonight so I'll post a picture shortly.

This was the first pair that I finished with a tubular bind-off. It was mind bending at first, but once I got the hang of it, it went pretty fast, and I really like the way it looks and stretches. I'll need to rip out the "stretchy bind-off" in socks #2 and finish those the right way.

Meanwhile I'm getting back to the sweater, Vogue Summer 2004 #9. It's a beautiful cable/lace pattern. One thing that surprised me, I had to go up 3 needle sizes to get the right gauge. Yes, I'm using the same weight yarn (DK), but it's a different yarn than what's shown in the mag. Does anyone use exactly the same yarn that they show in the picture? Anyway, it's beautiful, and I think #8 needles are just fine.

Lastly, I've got another project that I need to get started on soon, maybe tomorrow. It's a vest for my SO. We just bought the fabric and lining this afternoon at Jo*ann's. No shortage of projects here! But I am glad to make things for others. It's very rewarding.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home