Knit Flix

Thursday, August 19, 2004

It's a fine line

When do you stop being an avid knitter and become a yarn hoarder? It seems like every time I visit Elann, I find something else I want to buy! But I don't buy everything I see, so maybe I don't need a support group--yet.

Check this out ----->

It's made with Tahki Dazzle self-patterning sweater yarn. I'm not crazy about the colors that are currently available



but if they get the blue/white/khaki in stock, I'd have to seriously think about getting some.

5 Comments:

  • Enabling alert! Enabling alert!
    http://secure.elann.com/productdisp.asp?NAME=Tahki+Magic&Season=&Company=&Cat=&ProductType=5&OrderBy=&Count=13

    Blue, white, khaki, in a polar weight so it would take about 17 minutes to knit a sweater....

    I keep waiting for the green version they had briefly...

    Elann rocks. My credit card company loves it, too.

    By Blogger Amie, at 8/20/2004 9:14 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Amie, at 8/20/2004 9:14 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Amie, at 8/20/2004 9:14 AM  

  • No need for concern, I just deleted a couple of duplicate comments.

    I looked at the Tahki Magic, and it just doesn't talk to me like Dazzle. But thanks for the tip--maybe I'll find a project for it in the future.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 8/20/2004 4:36 PM  

  • Well, if you don't want to use Elann as the source for the yarn, I think have that pattern in the same Tahki leaflet that produced Wendy's Reverse Turtleneck. You're welcome to borrow it.

    I like the look of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted or Shepherd Bulky? (http://www.lornaslaces.net/yarns.asp) One of those two might come close to the Tahki Dazzle. Some of my favorites on the colors pages: Ravenswood, Seaside and Tuscany.

    By Blogger spinnity, at 8/24/2004 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home