Knit Flix

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

More from the loom

I played around with different weaving patterns and settled on 4 for my class project, placemats.


Weaving Sampler

A thinner thread was chosen for the hem and I wove an inch of tabby. After that came the main pattern in a slightly lighter color than the sampler above.


1st Placemat
Project details on Ravelry


After 3 hours I almost finished the first mat which I think it pretty good output for a beginner on a table loom (no treadles, harnesses controlled by hand operated levers).

I'll complete this mat tonight and get the second one started.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Damn, girl, that's fabulous. Sweet color, fun pattern, a nice even weave - you're really hooked, aren't you?

    By Blogger spinnity, at 9/23/2009 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home