Knit Flix

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

The Year of the Tiger

People that are born in the Year of the Tiger are generally well liked because of their charismatic personalities. Often, failing at a given duty or being unproductive in his personal or professional life can cause a Tiger to experience a deep sense of depression. A Tiger is always at their happiest when they endeavor to climb the ladder of success. Attaining the top spot is his foremost purpose; being in a position of power is her ultimate goal. They are quick learners, need to be challenged and often prefer to work alone. Some Tigers tend to change careers more frequently because they get bored quite easily. They are natural born leaders and perform at their best if working towards positions of power and influence. So once there is no further room for progression, they will often move on to something else.

Anyone that is born in the Year of the Tiger is usually straightforward and outgoing by nature. They will never give up no matter how aggravated they may become. But, they are also full of suspicion and at times will take hasty action. Never lose sight of the fact that Tigers are smart and instinctive.
-- From YearoftheTiger.net


Ever since I was young I've been associated with tigers. But now that I'm reading the description above, I see characteristics that don't apply: I'm not one to change careers frequently, I don't get bored easily, and I'm not searching for power and influence. At least I don't think I am. On the other hand, I am tenacious (which I also attribute to the Taurus in me) and can let suspicion get the best of me.

To celebrate this special year, I spun Royale Hare Superwash Merino Combed Top that I purchased at Stitches West 2 years ago.


Royale Hare Superwash Merino Combed Top

The fiber spun up beautifully



and pretty quickly I had 3 bobbins of singles.


Year of the Tiger singles

The 3 ply will make lovely socks.


Year of the Tiger handspun
386+ yds, 3 ply fingering wt


Happy New Year!

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

  • Love it! Gorgeous color. I'll have to check them out while at Stitches.

    By Blogger (formerly) no-blog-rachel, at 2/09/2010 6:30 PM  

  • That's a lot of tiger-ish adjectives that align with our Janice! But it doesn't say anything there about developing into a super-fast production spinner! Wow, great yarn... again!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 2/09/2010 11:08 PM  

  • I am a Taurus too & I know I have the stubborn streak. Wish you & family a Happy, Healthy & Prosperous Year of the Tiger !

    By Blogger Ann, at 2/11/2010 4:16 PM  

  • Beautiful coloring. Reminds me of Tiger Eye stones. How long do you think it took you to spin it?

    By Blogger Donura, at 2/13/2010 10:13 PM  

  • The yarn is gorgeous- the color is so rich and has depth. Do you sell your yarns?

    By Blogger Robin, at 2/14/2010 11:50 AM  

  • Thanks everyone.

    Donura, I started spinning the singles on Jan 9 and finished plying on Jan 30, so 3 weeks on and off.

    Robin, funny you should ask if I sell my handspun. I haven't in the past because it is so labor intensive. But I'm going to be putting some yarn up for sale shortly to benefit Haiti Relief efforts. I'll be blogging about it soon.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 2/19/2010 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home