Knit Flix

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Danish Braid - who knew?

You know that feeling when you see something and you say to yourself, "I gotta have that!" That's how I felt when I saw the Mother’s Day Danish Braid post on the Artisan Bread in Five blog.

I chose to make Challah instead of Brioche and mixed up a 4 lb batch of dough last night. This morning I took out about 1-1/3 lbs of dough, rolled it out, and spread sweetened cream cheese down the middle



followed by 1/4 c of homemade strawberry/white peach jam.



Here's the braid rising (it's almost too big for the pan!)



and here's it is brushed with egg wash and sprinkled with coarse sugar, ready for the oven.



20 minutes later and voila!




ABin5 Danish Braid

I sliced up the Danish and took it to the Picchetti Winery where Spinnity brought the spinners together for some outdoor spinning, knitting, and socializing.






Spinning at Picchetti Winery

The Danish Braid was a hit and so was spinning in public.

I made another Danish tonight for tomorrow's Mother's Day brunch, and it looks as good as the first one. Thanks to Zoë for the blog post and inspiring me to make something wonderful to share with friends and family. Who knew something so fancy was in my realm of possibilities?

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • The braid was delish!! Playing with fiber at the winery looks like it was a really good time, glad you went! -big sis

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/09/2010 11:17 PM  

  • That danish braid looks incredible! I would bet that it is as delicious as it looks. :)

    By Blogger Abigail, at 5/11/2010 4:27 PM  

  • That looks delicious!! I've never thought of stuffing challah with anything, let alone danish fillings... but now I just might have to!

    By Blogger Becca, at 5/12/2010 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home