Knit Flix

Monday, August 30, 2010

Where the Wild Things Are

Lisa Souza captures the palette of Maurice Sendak's classic story beautifully in her "Wild Things" colorway. I was fortunate to pick up a bump of it in BFL at Stitches West earlier this year.


Lisa Souza BFL Wild Things

After coming off the Tour de Fleece, I took my time spinning this fiber. I thought I'd go for a sport/worsted weight 3-ply to knit some accessories since it isn't superwash.

The generous 4-3/4 ounce bump was divided into three 44 gram chunks, then I spun away. It was difficult to spin something thicker than thread, but I did my best and filled 3 bobbins.

Lisa Souza BFL - Wild Things
Lisa Souza BFL - Wild Things

The 3-ply is lovely and squishy and is actually the intended thickness in most parts. Ahh, the magic of spinning.

Lisa Souza BFL - Wild Things
262 yds of handspun BFL

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home