Knit Flix

Monday, February 14, 2011

Stitches West class prep

This year at Stitches West I'm taking Lily Chin's class on Custom Fitting Existing Patterns and there's a leeeetle bit of preparation required for it--5 swatches. If you click on the image, there are notes on the photo that describe what each one is.


Swatches for Stitches West class

The funny thing is, with as much yarn as I have in my stash I had to buy yarn for the bulky st st swatch. Funny, huh? That's okay, the yarn is lovely and will make a great hat.

Along with the swatches, other supplies are needed like graph paper, colored pencils, and an issue of VK before Spring 1991 and after 1984. Interesting, huh? Thanks to MutarePosts for letting me borrow that item. The final thing I need to do is print out some proportioned graph paper and I'll be ready to go.

I just found out that Margit is taking the same class. Yay! It'll be good to be with a friend for moral support. I hear that Lily can move through the material at breakneck speed. At least I've done my homework!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • It must be exciting preparing for your class. I wish I could come along too .... one day.

    By Blogger Ann, at 2/15/2011 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home