Knit Flix

Sunday, April 10, 2011

A new favorite: Oatmeal Date Bread

We came home from the warehouse store with a multi-pound bag of steel cut oats. Okay, now what to make other than oatmeal? I turned to my trusty bread book--



and found a recipe for Oatmeal Date Bread.

Hmmm. Dates. I don't like dates, but we do have them in the fridge. Eh, what the heck? Maybe enclosing them in a hearty bread will change my mind.

Measure. Chop. Stir. Rise. Refrigerate. Shape. Rise. Bake. Cool. Slice. Toast. Butter. Eat. Smile.


Oatmeal Date Bread

Next I'll add chopped pecans and more dates (who am I?!). It's a very tasty bread.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • I do like dates, but I don't have that book, darnit. Looks delish. :)

    By Blogger Abigail, at 4/11/2011 9:35 PM  

  • Dates taste good to me.

    I wonder though, if you could substitute the dates for raisins, if it would still taste good.

    The bread in the picture looks delicious. Happy eating!

    By Blogger Z, at 4/12/2011 10:20 PM  

  • I want to find a good bread recipe, because the bread i buy didn`t have any taste.

    By Anonymous formatie petreceri, at 4/22/2011 12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home