Knit Flix

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It's enough to make you cry (or yell)

A lot.

2 Left Gloves :(
2 Left Gloves :(

What a rookie mistake. I was completely deflated when I realized that I had done exactly what I tried to avoid. *sigh*

No, I didn't cry, but I did yell. I thought I had to rip all the way back to the thumb and I just didn't have the strength.

After leaving it alone for a while and taking a time out, I looked more carefully at the glove hoping above all hope that I was wrong. Maybe it was really a right hand glove.

Nope. It was still a second left glove. Darn. (deep breath)

Okay, back to looking carefully at the glove. What made it a left glove? When (and how) was the decision made?

Well, it turns out that the decision was made when the 3 motifs were chosen for the index finger. So that meant that I didn't have to rip back to the thumb, I just had to rip out the middle & index fingers. I wasn't happy about having to rip at all, but it could have been worse, much worse.

(Why is it that ripping out is exponentially faster than knitting? It doesn't seem fair.)

From that moment on I was a knitter possessed.

Fingers ripped out late 3/23, 4 fingers finished by 3/27. Take THAT!

All better
All better
Project details on Ravelry

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • Wow! These are beautiful. Even though I'm glad it's getting warmer, at least you can save this pair for next fall/winter. I really enjoy looking at your projects, keep up the great work!

    By Anonymous Teresas, at 3/29/2011 9:21 PM  

  • You did it! Ripping and redoing always makes the finished and done-right feel so good.

    By Anonymous AlisonH, at 3/29/2011 9:38 PM  

  • My goodness, those gloves are awesome. I would have given up if I make a mistake like that. You did well.

    By Blogger Ann, at 3/29/2011 11:23 PM  

  • Sweet! And yet more evidence of why you are a knitting rock star!

    By Blogger Cindy/Snid, at 3/30/2011 12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home