Knit Flix

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It was my plan all along

A little over 5 years ago I helped out a friend who was destashing a large cone and some wound balls of chenille--we're talking 4-1/2 pounds of chenille. I gave away the wound balls, but kept the cone and now I'm thinking it'll be a good match for the Gilmore.



I'd like to make a scarf and use the chenille for both warp and weft. Measurements put this this stuff at 1750 yds per pound.

I understand that I'll need a fairly tight weave to prevent worming and a simple weave structure to reduce the float length. Tabby is fine with me.

It seems like the reed might rub off the fuzziness of the yarn and weaken it, but maybe I just need to try it to see if it's a problem.

Are there other things I should consider? Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home