Knit Flix

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Stitches West 2015 recap, part 1

This year's Stitches West was different for me. In past years, I was at the show every day, and generally walked out of the Marketplace with bags and bags of yarn and fiber. Every. Day.

This year I was too busy at work to go to the Market Preview Thursday night. I read my friends' updates that evening and saw all the lovely goodies they bought, but you know what, I wasn't heartbroken. It would have been nice to see everyone, but honestly I have so much fiber I didn't have a pressing need.

I worked the registration desk Friday morning and watched the excited crowd line up to shop.

Stitches West 2015
Stitches West 2015

When it was my turn, I had about 30 minutes to shop before I needed to go home. That gave me just enough time to drop off an item at the WEBS booth and pick up a few goodies at Bar Maids.

Stitches West 2015
Stitches West 2015

It turns out that my Friday door prize ticket was drawn while I was gone and thanks to my friends who were still at the show, I found out that afternoon. Also thanks to a friend who was working the show, the prize was set aside for me to pick up the next day. Hooray! Want to see what I won? It's a double walled ceramic travel mug from Skacel. Very nice.

Prize from Skacel
Prize from Skacel

Saturday was going to be my shopping day with a mid-day shift at the registration desk. I arrived at the convention center early to get a primo parking space and Grace was already handing out badges and information. Look at Grace & Joyce--don't they look happy? Well of course they are, it's Stitches West!

Grace & Joyce
Grace & Joyce

I found a comfortable place to sit and work on Chimney Fire. While I waited for the Marketplace to open, I finished the first sleeve and started the second sleeve.

Chimney Fire
Chimney Fire

Okay, okay! Shopping! Hoorayyyyy!!!! Want to see what I bought? Okay, here we go-- These beads by Glasscapes will look really pretty as earrings, don't you think?

Handmade Cane Glass Beads and Pendant
Handmade Cane Glass Beads and Pendant

and then there's this kit from Steampunk Garage:

Chainmaille Celtic Star Kit
Chainmaille Celtic Star Kit

Yup, that was it. I told you this was a different Stitches West for me. But that wasn't the end of my adventure. In the next post I'll tell you about the mind-blowing class I took.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home