Knit Flix

Sunday, May 23, 2004

Finally -- Photos

Here are a few photos of some completed projects. Clearly I'm going to need to work on lighting.


Yarn: Red Heart
Pattern: Leisure Arts Casual Classics 2002

My first project after a long hiatus from knitting, a hat. The pattern makes an attractive, comfortable hat.



Yarn: Lana Grossa Meilenweit
Needles: Addi Turbo #1's
Pattern: Double Trouble, and You're Putting Me On for the heel.

My first pair of socks. Toe-up construction, 2 socks on 2 circulars. I did these on Addi-Turbos #1's. I decided not to use a short row heel, but instead used the heel from the You're Putting Me On sock pattern. I'm very happy with how these turned out. They're very comfortable and hold up well in the wash.



Yarn: Lion's Micro-Spun
Needles: 4 & 6
Pattern: Evening Breeze,
Knitter's Magazine Issue 74, Spring 2004

A very nice tank, dressy enough for work or a night out. Michael's had the yarn on sale for $2.50/skein, so this was a quick and inexpensive project. The yarn is incredibly soft, but has a tendency to split and snag so you have to be careful. But I'd knit with it again just because it feels so good and is not very expensive.

Here's a close-up of the pattern and the crochet shell border:

2 Comments:

  • Hi there, I saw your link on the Knitter's Review forum - I'm about to start the same top (in Super 10 cotton) - did you make it as long as the pattern shows? Yours looks shorter.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/27/2004 3:40 AM  

  • You are correct, I knit mine a little shorter than the pattern.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 5/27/2004 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home