Knit Flix

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Triple double

How do you like that? All three projects that I'm working on, BBBB, Threepenny Pullover, and Zig Zag, have the yarn doubled. Funny, huh?

Here's what the sweaters look like today.

The Threepenny Pullover is slow going. Knitting with this coned yarn reminds me of knitting with kitchen cotton. It's hard on the hands. But, I like how it looks--the stitch patterns in the smock (smocksmocksmock) and cabled sections aren't patterns that I've done before. I really like Véronik Avery's designs.


Zig Zag is another Véronik Avery design. I'm a little worried that 16 skeins won't be enough for this sweater. The length in the photo is 2 skeins worth. I suppose I could/should pull out the tape measure. Maybe after I finish the next round...

1 Comments:

  • What a total bummer that Veronik Avery's web site is just "under construction". I really wanted to look at several of her designs next to one another.

    The stitch patterns on Threepenny look wonderful! It'll probably be slow going if your going to keep your hands in working order! It's harder to see Zig Zag since the lace collapses in on itself for the photo, but it sure looked nice on Sunday.

    When I'm worried about having enough yarn, I usually weigh the work in progress (minus needles) and the remaining yarn & think 1/3 front, 1/3 back, 1/3 sleeves. In your case, the sleeves on zig zag are a little less than 1/3. With lacy patterns, yarn seems to get used up more slowly.

    By Blogger spinnity, at 10/12/2004 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home