Knit Flix

Sunday, September 11, 2005

FO 2005-20: Bubby Boucle & pattern corrections


Bubby Boucle

Yarn: Approx 20gm Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Astrakhan
Needles: Addi Turbo Circulars 3.25mm, US#3
Knitting method: Magic loop
Pattern: Bubby from Knitty Fall 2005

Bubby-licious! This guy was so quick to make, he didn't even make the WIP count.

I haven't knit with boucle before, so I didn't realize that the purl side had to be on the outside to get the most out of the yarn. But it wasn't a problem--I just turned him inside out and continued on. It made picking up stitches and shaping the legs a bit more challenging, but it wasn't hard at all.

Probably the most difficult part was when I mistakenly pulled the wrong end of the needle and had 10 live stitches off the needle. It's amazing how boucle swallows up every bit of stitch detail--I had to carefully tink back 4 rounds before I got all of the stitches back on the needle.

There are 2 errors in the pattern:
  • Arms
    "Break yarn, graft first 5 sts of round to second 5 sts of round." is not right. After the decrease round, you only have 5 sts left, so finish the arm by grafting 2 sts of the round to the remaining 3sts of the round.

  • Left & right legs
    "Rounds 1-16: K all sts." should be "Rounds 14-16: K all sts."
Related posts:
Yarn purchase
Pattern selection

Labels:

11 Comments:

  • TOO cute! I hope you submitted your errata to Knitty. At least they're much, much more responsive than Vogue! :)

    By Blogger goodkarma, at 9/11/2005 11:44 AM  

  • Thanks!

    I traded emails with the designer and suggested that she submit the corrections to Knitty. From what I can tell from the Knitty site, that's what they prefer.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 9/11/2005 11:58 AM  

  • You and I must be thinking the same! I made a "Magic Friends" bear using the same yarn! I saw the Astrakhan and thought... bear.

    Johanna
    Jofrog is Knitfrog

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/11/2005 12:15 PM  

  • He is so cute. A fast knit, eh? Maybe that should be the Christmast gift I knit for my friends' kids.

    By Blogger Abigail, at 9/11/2005 7:55 PM  

  • awww, a bubby boucle bear! So sweet!

    By Blogger Ilona, at 9/11/2005 8:03 PM  

  • Wow - so much faster than a whole dang baby sweater... hmmm. I gotta think about this.

    By Blogger spinnity, at 9/11/2005 8:48 PM  

  • SO CUTE!

    By Blogger Emy, at 9/11/2005 11:50 PM  

  • Oh. My. God. How cute is that??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/12/2005 10:31 AM  

  • Wow, Bogie - great minds, people, great minds! I too am getting ready to knit "Bubby Boucle" (though not in the Debbie Bliss) so your corrections came at just the right time. And I'm also thinking about Cinxia.

    By Blogger Dusa, at 9/12/2005 10:42 AM  

  • Adorable! I'm sad I missed knitting yesterday. Would have loved to feel the bear up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/12/2005 11:27 AM  

  • He is so cute! Makes me want to burrow around in the stash for something fluffy to knit him with.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 9/16/2005 5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home