Knit Flix

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Third time's the charm

What did I say about the XL XXL heels?
I'm leaning toward short row heels because that's the type of heel I used for SO's first pair of socks. No fancy figurin' would be a good thing.

No fancy figurin' was true, but I didn't count on having to do 1/2 a heel... three times.

I won't go into the details 'cause I don't have photos of all the different versions. Besides, how interesting would that be? Let's just say that I've always been wrapping stitches incorrectly and have been knitting wraps and stitches together incorrectly.

But with Spinnity's help (Spinnity who took a short row class), I got some advice and was able to finish that pesky 1/2 a heel last night.


Taa daa! A perfect fit.

4 Comments:

  • I keep meaning to look up short row techniques. The heel looks good!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/15/2005 10:43 AM  

  • wow. that IS a perfect fit. nice job!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/16/2005 9:06 AM  

  • I love those socks. The colors are gorgeous and the fit is perfect. You are the sock goddess!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 9/16/2005 4:50 PM  

  • Hi there!

    I'm currently on a quest for the perfect short row sock heel...can you please share yours/Mary's secrets with me, your heel looks GREAT!!!

    By Blogger Debi, at 9/18/2005 4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home