Knit Flix

Sunday, May 18, 2008

(almost) FO: Sam Simian

Get away knitting.

Usually I take socks and a larger project, socks for the car and the larger project in case I finish the socks.

This time--as much as I was tempted--I left the sock yarn and needles at home and only took one project, Sam. That meant no knitting for the car. Torture I tell you, torture! So I offered to drive part of the way and we listed to an audiobook and I survived.

Sam had my undivided attention and with *a lot* of sewing, stuffing, and weaving in ends, Sam went from this


to this.

Sam Simian

Pattern: Sirdar's ITV Digital Monkey
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease, 180 Forest Green Heather and 403 Mushroom
Needles: Inox 3.25mm/US3
Ravelry project page

Alterations: Monkee Maker's mods for the face, slightly longer legs, 2 color ears, and beans. 3/4 of a pound of white beans for his hands, feet, and bottom. :)

He celebrated his birthday yesterday too! lol

Although I consider him to be 99.9% finished, he's doesn't agree.


Sam sans eyes

He's not going to be happy until he gets his eyes... and that's not going to happen until I can spend some time with embroidery floss and felt at home. Patience Sam, patience.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

  • Sam is so cute!! I am so inspired to make my first knitted stuff animal. Thanks!

    By Blogger Jasmine, at 5/18/2008 7:15 PM  

  • Isn't he darling! More wonderful work.
    Karen

    By Blogger Karen L., at 5/18/2008 10:16 PM  

  • Hahahaha, Sam is soooo freakin' kewt!!

    By Blogger theknitist, at 5/19/2008 8:42 AM  

  • Adorable!

    By Blogger Abigail, at 5/19/2008 5:22 PM  

  • dude you better get those eyes on before he finds you in the dark.
    really cute, esp his body language.--big sis

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/19/2008 10:06 PM  

  • He is cute!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/20/2008 7:41 AM  

  • First you get me knitting the socks (and you *know* how I felt about the socks on itty bitty needles!), and now you've got me dying to knit The Cute Toys. How much more must I endure at the feet of your Obvious Genius, Woman???

    M. :)

    By Blogger Marie, at 5/20/2008 2:24 PM  

  • OMG, even without his eyes, he is *sooo* expressive. I can only imagine all the future Sam Simian cover shots here at Knitflix. Oh wait, did I just hear a rattle? Do you think a monkey with no eyes could possibly be getting into your cookie jar? Let the super-cute photos begin!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 5/22/2008 2:56 PM  

  • Dude, he is flipping adorable!

    By Blogger Teenuh, at 5/22/2008 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home