Knit Flix

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Yes, I am knitting

I'm knitting. Really, I am.

I've spent most of my time on a project I can't blog about. (Don't you just hate that?) But that project is finished and I'm putting the finishing touches on the pattern. No more about that for a while.

I've also been intrigued by 007, so much so I've decided to knit one myself. What's a 007 you ask? Are you familiar with the ITV Digital Monkey? No? What about the MonkeeMaker's blog? 007 is her monkey who has all sorts of adventures. He's such a character, you can't help but fall in love with him. Here's the first installment of 007's latest mission...

Meghan and I were discussing 007 and his adventures... and then she found the monkey pattern. The free monkey pattern. Then she found the Monkee Maker's mods for 007's mouth. That same evening I received an email from the MonkeeMaker. It was a sign I tell you, I had to knit a monkey!

But it was going to have to wait because I was determined to finish the project-that-shall-not-be-named. Meanwhile Meghan started a 007 KAL on Ravelry.

Who was I kidding? I couldn't stay away. I joined the KAL, pushed my project aside and cast on San Simian.

Now there's a reason why I don't knit a lot of stuffed animals. Sheldon was an exception, but I'm really not a fan of the fussiness of sewing together, stuffing, and assembly. It's so much more tedious than finishing a sweater.

Sam was knit very quickly. All of his parts are done. All of his parts were done last month.

Blog readers, meet Sam.


Sam Simian

I hope to have him in better shape soon. Until then, here's looking at you kiddo.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home