Knit Flix

Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006-22: Sheldon


Sheldon in San Diego

Yarn: Super 10 Butterfly Mercerized Cotton - Mouzakis, Colors 3701 & 3728
Needles: Crystal Palace 3.0mm DPNs & Inox 3.5mm circular
Pattern: Sheldon

Sheldon is a quick knit--yarn purchased on Wednesday, finished on Friday. He's stuffed with SuperSoft Fiber from Soft n Crafty, distributed by Joann's and Fairfield. The super soft polyester gives him a softer, squishier feel than the run-of-the-mill fiberfill.

Butterfly 10 comes in hanks of 230m, so there may be enough yarn for a second Sheldon.

Happy New Year!

Related posts:
Sheldon begins
Eye-eye Sheldon

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

  • He's adorable!

    By Blogger Devorah, at 12/31/2006 4:58 PM  

  • So cute!

    By Blogger Abigail, at 12/31/2006 8:21 PM  

  • Awww...he is gorgeous :o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/02/2007 12:49 AM  

  • Sheldon is rather cute. I was just in SD, too. Spent my NYE there.

    By Blogger Freecia, at 1/02/2007 12:24 PM  

  • I seem to be repeating the theme here, but Sheldon IS cute! Nice to know the pattern is well written. I will put that under my "knit for future grandchildren" (but no hurries...) list!

    Happy New Year!

    By Blogger Cindy/Snid, at 1/03/2007 1:38 PM  

  • He is so cute!

    By Blogger silverarrowknits, at 1/06/2007 11:51 PM  

  • He looks great. I'm working on one myself but can't find the safety eyes. Where did you find yours?

    By Blogger Jordana Paige, at 1/16/2007 5:08 PM  

  • Ahhh, Sheldon's eyes. You can't see them very well in the photo for a reason, I need to redo them.

    I called every fabric and craft store that I could find in the Phoenix area and couldn't find safety eyes in the right size. Joann's had some that were 9 or 10mm in diameter, but they were too large.

    I used embroidery floss but making round eyes on st st is harder than you'd think.

    I'm going to take out the floss and try a different approach suggested by Mary--take some small felt circles and stitch those on using embroidery floss. I'll post photos once I'm finished.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 1/17/2007 9:37 PM  

  • Love him! He turned out so cute!

    By Blogger Miri Mack, at 1/21/2007 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home