Knit Flix

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

One more please

Update: The Early Spring sock pattern has been posted on the Crystal Palace Yarns web site.

I've got one more sock pattern on the needles for Crystal Palace Yarns, this time in Panda Cotton.

Panda Cotton is 55% bamboo, 24% cotton, 21% elastic nylon, so it has a stretchiness all its own. I've never knit with an elasticized yarn before, but everything I read said to knit it with normal tension--don't pull it tight and don't knit loose.

Well, it didn't take anytime at all to get used to. This yarn is easy to knit with and the work in progress feels very nice. It doesn't have that 'hard' feeling I've experienced with other cotton blends.

I opted for a lace pattern called flower buds. The pattern looks best (IMHO) when knit from bottom to top, so that dictated a toe-up sock. Cool. I like toe-up socks. But of course in this photo you're seeing the pattern upsidedown. Aargh.

Well, you get the idea.

Related posts:
Equipment failure
Early Spring

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home