Knit Flix

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Darn it darn it darn it

Update: The Early Spring sock pattern has been posted on the Crystal Palace Yarns web site.


I didn't care for this set of Takumi needles anyway. They were a bit too flexible for my liking. But still, it would have been nice if they lasted through the project.

Oh well, I've replaced them with a set of Crystal Palace DPNs, which I prefer. And I'm not just saying that because this pattern is for their web site--I like the tips better, the finish is smoother, and they're more rigid. Onward!

Related posts:
One more please
Early Spring

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

  • I also like the Crystal Palace dpns. Wishing for some Lantern Moons. Sometimes I fix a customer's knitting on Lantern Moons and while I'm a metal needle girl, the LM's are very nice.

    By Blogger Freecia, at 12/10/2006 2:41 PM  

  • Yikes. I've heard those needles can be a bit flimsy. Do you prefer bamboo to wood? I just tried some Colonial rosewood needles the other day and love them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/11/2006 10:36 AM  

  • I don't know if I'd like other wooden needles--I've only tried bamboo. Thanks for the recommendations.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 12/11/2006 10:45 AM  

  • Oh yes. I've been there. Turns out that size zero and one brittany birch needles are not worth the cost, since they snap so easily. Back to bamboo for me!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 12/11/2006 3:37 PM  

  • I have sworn off Brittany needles forever myself. LOVE the Crystal Palace needles for socks and such, although I also really like Inox. They seemt to be hard to find though...

    By Blogger Cindy/Snid, at 12/12/2006 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home