Knit Flix

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Early Spring

Update: The Early Spring sock pattern has been posted on the Crystal Palace Yarns web site.


One sock is finished and I'm frantically writing up the pattern as I work on the second sock. Why frantically? Because Crystal Palace Yarns is already shipping the yarn, Panda Cotton. Purlescence just got a shipment last week, so now it's a mad dash to complete the pattern so it can be posted on the Crystal Palace Free Pattern site.

Here's a look at the heel--a toe-up gusset and flap that doesn't require picking up stitches. That's a first for me. If you look closely, you can see a lifeline in the sock. I'm using it as a marker so I can see where to start the gusset increases on the second sock.


Gotta go, I need to keep these needles moving.

Related posts:
One more please
Equipment failure

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

  • Those are very pretty! The heel sounds intriguing ... where did you find out about it -- or is it something you devised?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/17/2006 7:38 PM  

  • The heel is something I devised by reversing a cuff down heel. It took a couple of tries, but I got it to work. Now I just have to be able to read my notes to do it again. Oh yeah, and write it up. lol

    By Blogger Bogie, at 12/17/2006 9:05 PM  

  • Absolutely brilliant! And gorgeous too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/18/2006 7:22 AM  

  • Those turned out beautifully! And the clogs look like they will be fun as well. Felting is a wonderful process to experience, it really brings out the child in you!

    By Blogger Cindy/Snid, at 12/18/2006 8:57 AM  

  • Genius Janice strikes again. You know we are going to be knocking down your toor to learn the new heel!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 12/18/2006 3:39 PM  

  • So cool that you designed the heel; I can't wait to try it out!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/19/2006 6:08 PM  

  • so very pretty!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2006 12:34 PM  

  • Based on what you've said so far, I went ahead and reversed a cuff-down heel too. It should be interesting to see how our two interpretations compare! I'm still working on the flap of mine, but I'll let you know how it pans out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/04/2007 10:29 AM  

  • WOW! those socks are absolutly beautiful. ohh my aching arthric hands are itching to knit those!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1/12/2007 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home