Knit Flix

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Hasta la vista SPRINT PCS

Talk to ya later—don't want to hear it again tonight
Talk to ya later—just save it for another guy
Talk to ya later—don't want to hear it again tonight
I'll just see you around


Stick a fork in it, we're DONE! See ya SPRINT (abbreviated SPR because I can't stomach giving them more free advertising in this post), I'm with VERIZON now. (Please don't tell me that Verizon sucks because I'm still in a honeymoon period, k? Let me experience whatever drawbacks Verizon has on my own.)

As if it wasn't bad enough that I didn't get reliable reception at the house, I just got the royal run around for my final bill. SPR bills in their monthly service in advance. The current bill in hand covers service from Nov 5 - Dec 4. I cancelled my service on Nov 11th. Common sense would say I only owe 1/4 of the current bill, right?

Unfortunately not. Common sense is not so common at SPR Customer Service (NOT).

They insisted that the bill was correct, I owed them for a full month of service. The first position they took was because I was paying for October. When I pointed out that they bill in advance, they changed their story to say they don't prorate. Because I went into the next billing cycle, I owed for the entire month of November. It was my fault for not cancelling on or before Nov 4th. There were other stories as well, but all were variations on the same theme, the bill was correct.

Enter the supervisor. "I'm sorry, SPR does not prorate. The best I can do is take $25 off your bill and I'm not even supposed to do that." Considering they should be taking $40 off the bill, that flew like the proverbial lead balloon.

So I asked where in the fine print it said that SPR does not prorate. It's not in the fine print in the bill, I read the fine print. "It's in the service contract," said the supervisor, "I'll read it to you." He couldn't find it when he had me on the phone, he couldn't find it when he had me on hold (he could not would not in a box, he could not would not with a fox). When he returned he said, "I know it's in the agreement, but I can't seem to find it. I'll prorate your charges, just let me figure it out."

Like I didn't have it figured out already. I've sent my payment for the final week of service, but they're not going to issue a final bill. Time will tell if I'll have a zero balance in a week, or if they're going to say the $40 is delinquent in a month.

Stupid SPRINT.

3 Comments:

  • I have used Verizon for the past four years and I have had great reception and customer service. Oh, you don't roam in Puerto Rico if that is imporatnt to you. At least, last time I was home I didn't roam.

    By Blogger silverarrowknits, at 11/12/2006 7:03 PM  

  • Stupid cell phone companies in general. I can't wait until more mobile phones are equiped with Wi-Fi and Skype! Can you say FREEEEEEE?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/12/2006 7:13 PM  

  • had the same problems with spr ... switched to verizon with no probs - better reception too!! hope it's over for you...and insist on a zero balance bill!! most of the time customer service reps say they'll be getting a manager then pass the phone to their friend.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/13/2006 6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home