Knit Flix

Saturday, November 04, 2006

2006-17: Crystalline Lattice Socks

Update: The Crystalline Lattice sock pattern has been posted on the Crystal Palace Yarns web site.


Yarn: Approx 95gm Crystal Palace Yarn Panda Wool
Needles: Crystal Palace 2.5mm DPNs
Pattern: Crystalline Lattice

They look nice flat, but take a look at them when they're worn:



Although they're named for a molecular structure, the texture also reminds me of armor plating. But that wouldn't be a very good name for a sock, would it?

When will the pattern be available? I've got one more sock to knit, this time in a larger size so I can include 2 sizes in the pattern. I'm expecting more Panda Wool to arrive in the mail, so it'll be a little while.

A note about the photos--these were taken with natural light. The images initially looked great on my Trinitron CRT, but looked completely washed out on an LCD monitor. These images are a compromise. Too saturated on a CRT and okay, but not great on an LCD.

For those of you who wanted to know about my photo set up, here's today's background.


Related post:
Coming soon...

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

  • These are lovely! I can't wait to try the new yarn! Have you tried the cotton/elastic/bamboo as well?

    By Blogger Debi, at 11/04/2006 7:56 PM  

  • Those socks are fantastic. I'm very much looking forward to trying them.

    By Blogger Dave, at 11/04/2006 9:43 PM  

  • These socks are really wonderful. I cant wait to see the pattern.

    By Blogger Sonja, at 11/05/2006 3:19 AM  

  • Wow, beautiful socks! And I thought you had some sort of high-tech photo shoot setup. Your photos look so professional, IMHO. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/05/2006 11:53 AM  

  • Absolutely beautiful design!

    By Blogger Ilona, at 11/05/2006 5:32 PM  

  • Hey, wow. They look great. I think you've solved the problem of what I should do with my Dye-o-rama yarn! Looking forward to the pattern.

    By Blogger spinnity, at 11/06/2006 4:34 PM  

  • I love your socks! Very pretty pattern. I want to try sock knitting so much. Maybe I can try your pattern once I get my feet wet :)
    Happy knitting :)

    By Blogger hakucho, at 11/07/2006 2:17 PM  

  • Lol I love the "background...I was wondering about that:D

    By Blogger Sarah Anne, at 11/11/2006 11:23 AM  

  • I can't believe your 'background' — they come out so amazingly professional looking! I had a laugh at this one. But the socks... the socks are gorgeous.

    By Blogger Valerie Polichar, at 11/13/2006 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home