Knit Flix

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Socks for the Harlot's visit

Yarn Harlot will be here in less than 2 days so I had to get some socks on the needles. And not just any socks, Entrelac socks.

After my wonderful experience with Lorna's Laces and the A Step Above pattern, I rummaged through the stash and pulled out the Mixed Berries that I bought from Cookie.


Perfect, right? Wrong.

I get the distinct impression that this yarn wants to be Pomatomus, Hedera, or perhaps Baudelaire, but definitely not entrelac. Silly me, I should have known.

Further digging in the bin turned up a hank of STR lightweight in Velvet Moon. Look how the colors line up in each rectangle. Freaky man.

Pattern: A Step Above, Knitter's 75 Summer 2004

I'm not sure I'm sold on this colorway with this pattern. I may swatch Moss Agate and see how that looks.

Either way I'll have a small project to keep me occupied from afternoon into evening on Saturday when I'll be one of the many (many) knitters anxious to have some quality time with Stephanie. Wish me luck!

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

  • I think it looks great in that colorway! I'm gonna have to try it again with some STR myself!

    By Blogger Debi, at 9/07/2006 11:22 PM  

  • I love it in the STR. Have fun with the Harlot!

    By Blogger Jeanne, at 9/08/2006 4:11 AM  

  • Oh, you're braver than I am - I've set up just a simple self-patterned yarn sock for the Yarn Harlot's visit (tomorrow - squee!) because I don't want to have to be fussing with a pattern when I'm listening to her (grin).

    There's a bunch of us coming down from Solano County - we're actually making a day of it and doing a yarn crawl on the way there.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/08/2006 8:23 AM  

  • What a great way to avoid pooling! I love it!

    By Blogger Marlena, at 9/08/2006 11:54 AM  

  • WOW!! that looks amazing!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/08/2006 7:32 PM  

  • i really like the way it looks in the second colorway...i agree with you the pink just wasn't working

    By Blogger kat, at 9/09/2006 8:30 AM  

  • Hee, hee! Entrelac socks are PERFECT and a good guarantee that Stephanie will take your picture and post it on her blog.

    I'm SO jealous that you're going today that I could CRY. I had four spots reserved, but 1) my friends all bailed on me, and 2) my surgery recovery isn't going as well as I expected, so I'm in no shape to go. I want to CRY. Have fun, ya'll. Sniff. Sniff. Whine.

    By Blogger Erica, at 9/09/2006 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home