Knit Flix

Monday, August 21, 2006

VK Diamond Pullover Take 2


It's been almost 2 years ago since I finished this top and I've worn it twice. Maybe. I made the smallest size and it matches the pattern schematic, but it's just too big, isn't it?

This weekend I started undoing the seams.


The back is first to be reknit on a US6 instead of a US7.


The new size (top) compared to the old size (bottom). The difference is about 1 inch right now. Now the question is, will it be too small?


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • The eyeball measurement that I get tells me that the top one's going to end up being about 3/4 of a diamond less narrow than the back (method: hold up a dpn against my screen, measure 2 diamonds wide, add that to what you've already done). So, between the front and the back you'll lose about 1.5 (old) diamonds wide. How many inches did you want to lose?

    By Blogger Emy, at 8/21/2006 9:33 PM  

  • Wow, that takes a lot of guts! Good job! I don't think it will be too small, it will give a little.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/22/2006 4:57 AM  

  • From that picture, I would think that you could easily lose 3 inches, so I don't think it'll be too small. Are you going to do anything to change the armhole?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/22/2006 3:03 PM  

  • Respec'. I can't even finish knitting anything let alone rip it out once it's all done, seamed, and wearable! :P

    By Blogger Bethany Hendrickson, at 9/07/2006 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home