Knit Flix

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Juliet Pullover back - check!


It's still wet in the photo which is why it looks darker than the previous photos. At least you can see the beads better.

Man, this linen is strong! Because there's no elasticity at all in this yarn, I find myself really tugging on it to snug up the beads. It hasn't broken yet (jinx!).

So here's the concern of the week. When I calculate how much yarn I have vs. how much the pattern calls for, I don't have enough. I'm short by about 400yds. I was afraid of that. When I bought for this top, I didn't plan on double stranding. Ugh.

But get this--I started with 20oz of yarn and the back consumed about 4oz. So if the 1/3 - 1/3 - 1/3 rule applies, I should have plenty, right? The front has a v-neck so it will use less than the back. Even if the flared sleeves use slightly more than 1/3 of the total yardage, I should still have enough. I think.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Juliet is looking pretty! It sounds like you have plenty of yarn by the 1/3 rule, but I would be worried too... Maybe the pattern is off and has errata?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/16/2006 6:17 PM  

  • I say go for it - worst case scenario - you could make the sleeves 1/2 or 3/4 - which would look pretty nice with that pattern.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/18/2006 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home