Knit Flix

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Knitting Tips and Techniques

I hope you find these links as helpful as I do.

My motivation for this post was to make the on-line references I use most often accessible from the blog so I don't have to rely on bookmarks. I've created a link to this page in the sidebar.

A hearty "thank you" to all the information owners for sharing.

Knitting Tips and TechniquesCast-on
Cast-off
  • Sewn Cast-off: stretchy and good for toe-up socks.
  • Tubular cast-off: my favorite for toe-up socks, particularly good for 1x1 rib
  • Before cutting the yarn and threading the darning needle, I set up the tubular cast-off by knitting 2 full rounds of tubular knitting.
    Round 1, part A: *k1, sl1 wyif* all the way around, p last st
    Round 1, part B: *sl1 wyib, p1* all the way around
    Round 2, part A: *k1, sl1 wyif* all the way around, p last st
    Round 2, part B: *sl1 wyib, p1* all the way around
Joining Yarn
Socks
Fiber Care, Weights, Measures, and Sizes

More knitting links

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • Thank you for making this post! I saved it in my bloglines so I can refer back.

    By Blogger Abigail, at 6/10/2005 7:18 PM  

  • You're welcome!

    By Blogger Bogie, at 6/10/2005 7:55 PM  

  • Great links! This is a wonderful resource. I'll definitely be saving the link for future reference.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/13/2005 10:41 AM  

  • Thanks for the good summary of technique links -- I've bookmarked your post for future reference!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/16/2005 9:41 AM  

  • Wow, I'm referenced! That's so cool.

    Barbara

    http://sermomknits.blog-city.com/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/17/2005 7:39 AM  

  • This is a great information site...I'm glad I found it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/16/2007 11:16 AM  

  • Great idea Janice> Now we know all of your secrets and can learn to knit as beautifully as you do! :)

    By Blogger Cindy/Snid, at 5/07/2007 10:34 AM  

  • Great guide for beginners, as well as a review article for experienced knitters. My daughter wants to learn how to knit, or at least the basics, so thank you for compiling these instructions and for saving me the time to look for a book about knitting. I've been busy lately learning how to use the hand carder I got from my brother as a birthday gift. I also want to learn how to use those weaving looms since we have one here that has not been used ever since my in-laws moved out.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1/24/2011 12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home