Knit Flix

Saturday, June 03, 2006

More views of Autumn Grace, FO 2006-10

Thank you very much for the overwhelming response to the previous post. The last day has been unbelievable and your comments have been quite wonderful.

Here are a few more views of Autumn Grace:

Blocking


Scrolls at the center of the shawl


Border and leaves

And here's one more view that was alarming at the time:

DON'T PANIC

Note the caption on the photo--this is typical for silk. There's nothing wrong with the yarn, the dye, or the dyeing process. That's according to Cherry Tree Hill as well as other information that I read on Knitter's Review Forums.

After blocking and drying, I compared the shawl with the leftover yarn and it was not noticeably lighter in color. Good to know. I wish I knew it at the time because believe me, I panicked.

But it's all good. I learned something about silk. Next time I'll be prepared and maybe even have a bottle of white vinegar at the ready.

Related posts:
Autumn Grace
Ivy Leaf Lace Shawl

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

  • Gorgeous! Congratulations on the win, your work is definitely deserving of it!

    By Blogger Lori, at 6/03/2006 7:42 PM  

  • The more pictures you post, the more tempted I am to get this pattern and yarn and make one!

    By Blogger Abigail, at 6/03/2006 8:06 PM  

  • After my first palpitations from seeing what you did in the sink, I always keep some white vinegar very handy!

    Um, who is this triple lindee chick? She left a comment on an old post of mine today too. Is this some new spam bot ploy?

    By Blogger Debi, at 6/04/2006 12:49 AM  

  • Thanks everyone.

    So Abigail, you're tempted, huh? It's strange to think that people will be making it. Oh boy, that raises the anxiety level a bit!

    Debi, the comment looks like spam. There was a link to a bogus "broken credit" site in the comment so I deleted it. I sure hope more don't show up 'cause I don't want to have to turn on comment moderation.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 6/04/2006 9:54 AM  

  • I'm with Abigail. I've recently been looking for a shawl pattern that is "just right". I'm not a big fan of square or round shawls that are folded in half, seems like a lot of extra knitting. I've even checked out the Folk Shawls book and didn't find that "perfect shawl". But Autumn Grace... mmmmmm... it's looking promising. Thanks for a great pattern Janice!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/04/2006 10:14 AM  

  • BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations!

    By Blogger JenBin, at 6/04/2006 10:16 AM  

  • So so so pretty...congratulations again!

    By Blogger Emy, at 6/04/2006 11:32 AM  

  • WOW

    Seeing that makes it obvious why you won!!

    I agree with both Abigial and Jeni - can't wait for the pattern!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/04/2006 11:49 AM  

  • Gorgeous work! Congrats on winning, your work truly deserves it :o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/05/2006 1:08 AM  

  • It is beautiful! Congratulations! I can't wait until the pattern is available for purchase!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/05/2006 11:32 AM  

  • WoW.. It is just Beautiful/ and what Georgeous Colors !!!


    http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger Knitcrazy, at 6/19/2006 5:44 PM  

  • Wow, what a beautiful job! It's a work of art! :o)

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 6/21/2006 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home