Knit Flix

Friday, May 19, 2006

The finished product

With the acrylic waste yarn removed--the waste yarn helps keep the dye from spreading, creating more distinct stripes--these

look like this.


Sort of. I'm color correction challenged, but they're close enough. The pair on the left is for my secret pal. 100gm of Louet Gems Pearl that can be knit straight from the fabric.

The other 2 are for me I suppose. The pair on the far right is Louet Gems also, but there's a knot in one of them. Plus they're not as purple as they appear, they have more of a magenta hue. The middle pair is Interlacements Tiny Toes which is thinner than the Gems and has a tighter twist.

Related posts:
I have no idea what I'm doing
Friends and fiber at TKGA
Satur-dye-day
Blanks

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • Ok, sorry if this is a dumb question -- is there a reason to reknit it, or is it just a presentation thing? I suppose it could help you see what's coming next and all, but if you leave it sitting around for too long, won't you end up with kinks in your yarn?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/19/2006 3:38 PM  

  • So cool! Thanks for sharing this method with us!

    By Blogger aija, at 5/19/2006 3:39 PM  

  • Huh! Quite spiffy. You can knit it straight from the fabric, kinks and all?

    By Blogger Freecia, at 5/19/2006 4:45 PM  

  • I sure wish you were my secret pal. those look great -- what fun!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/28/2008 5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home