Knit Flix

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

On with the knitting

Enough with the venting and on with the knitting!

My oldest WIP* is inching closer to the finish line.

Started back in September 2004, this gem is 4 months short of its 2nd anniversary.

I'd like to say that I'm finished with the knitting, but sadly that's not the case. The same cable trim that you see at the neckline is needed at the bottom of the sweater and at the wrists.

Once those are finished, they need to be washed ~2 times. Then and only then can they be sewn onto the sweater.

Because this project involves 3 cones of yarn, it doesn't travel easily. Meet my "away from the couch" project:

Crusoe socks in STR Fire on the Mountain.

*My oldest WIP that I plan to finish that is. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean, know what I mean.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

  • LOVE the sock. I'm going to have to add that colorway to my stash at some point.

    (Dammit.)

    By Blogger Emy, at 5/09/2006 8:25 PM  

  • They both look great! I love the colors on the sock.

    By Blogger Abigail, at 5/09/2006 8:33 PM  

  • The sweater is beautiful - can't wait to see it done!

    By Blogger Jeanne, at 5/10/2006 2:00 AM  

  • wow that sweater is quite a commitment!

    By Blogger kat, at 5/10/2006 8:58 AM  

  • Beautiful sweater, just think of all the years of pleasure that will become of it!! Enjoy! It's lovely! The sock is looking good to! Nice colorway

    By Blogger soapy, at 5/10/2006 9:05 PM  

  • Hurray Threepenny! Hurray Crusoe! This is going to be a very productive month for you.

    By Blogger spinnity, at 5/11/2006 3:52 PM  

  • Everytime I see that Fire on the Mountain colorway I just want to cry. It's, ya know, way too pretty. I'm going to have to buy some and then just gaze at it. Dunno if I'd have the temerity to actually make socks! but go you! :)

    By Blogger Valerie Polichar, at 5/22/2006 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home