Knit Flix

Saturday, September 18, 2004

It's the real thing

That's right, no more swatch-washing, it's time to knit the Threepenny Pullover!


Granted, I don't have much done, but it's a start.


The middle smocked panel (yes, Ilona, I said smocksmocksmock! :D) looks like this.

I've never smocked before--is "smocked" a word?--so it's a challenge to pull the loop not too loose and not too tight. "Just right" as the red-hooded one would say.

And it's flanked by cable panels, followed by moss stitch panels.

I've also never done a cross-stitch cable before, so I'm really slow through the cable panel section.

The photos look like I'm knitting with twine, because that's what this Valley Yarns 2/8 Merino Wool/Cashmere yarn is like before washing. Trust me, it'll look better after finishing. Well, it'll at least look different.

Between the smocking, the cross-stitch cables, and the twine, this sweater should take me about 4 years to finish.

1 Comments:

  • You made me laugh out loud in the library! SMOCKSMOCKSMOCKSMOCKSMOCK! the dude next to me checking out the classic muscle car websites thinks I'm a loon. Heee!! Also - that pullover looks so complicated - nice work!

    By Blogger Ilona, at 9/19/2004 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home