Knit Flix

Monday, September 13, 2004

Jawoll Broadripples


Yarn: Lang Yarns Jawoll Sport Superwash
Needles: Addi Turbo US#2
Pattern: Broadripple
Method: Toe-up, 2 socks on 2 circulars w/provisional cast-on

Here it is, the first photo of the Jawoll Broadripple socks. What looks like red is actually magenta. The pattern repeats with green-green, yellow-yellow, magenta-magenta etc. Since the pattern is written for cuff-down socks, Broadripple will be upside-down for my socks. But I think it looks just fine.

I think I'll use the heel from the You're Putting Me On sock pattern. It was the heel that I used for my first pair of socks, and I like the way it fits.

As far as how these socks will be finished, well, I'm not sure yet. I'll do the ripple garter pattern as in the pattern, but I'll need to figure out how to bind them off. Maybe I'll sneak in a few rows of tubular knitting and do a tubular cast-off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home