Knit Flix

Monday, September 06, 2004

Doh!

The VK Cable Cardigan was progressing well--until today. I started the 7th skein, and had two more rows to complete before starting the armhole shaping. As I was looking over my handywork, I realized that it's been a while since I made a buttonhole. Hey wait a minute, it's been a really long time since I made a buttonhole.

That was my DOH! moment.

Yup, there it is, right in my notebook. Unfortunately, it's written in a buttonhole section of the page instead of in the row by row pattern instructions (doh-doh), but it's there just the same. I should have started the buttonhole 9 rows ago. Can I just rip down the 2 stitches involved, make the buttonhole, and then chain back up? It sounds easy, but the buttonhole is worked over 3 rows with YO's and such.

The alternative is not pleasant, but it's something I've done multiple times on this darn sweater.

Maybe I shouldn't even make a buttonhole. When am I ever going to button the middle of this sweater? But it would bother me. I'm such a stickler.

I've decided to put the knitting down ("Okay lady, put the knitting DOWN. Step away from the knitting.") and write about my woes.

Maybe now's a good time to create another swatch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home