Knit Flix

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Knock on wood

I've started the second skein of yarn for the VK Cabled Cardigan, and so far, so good (knock on wood). I did have a minor flub with the buttonhole--how come the instructions seem so foreign to me?--but recovered without frogging. No photos until I get past the point where it all bit the dust, after the 3rd skein.

Since I'm knitting this one with no side seams, I've decided to measure progress by the amount of yarn that I've used. Assuming that I'll need all 16 skeins, each skein is 6%. Okay, maybe I didn't need to include that in the ol' blog, but then again, some of you might be interested.

One good thing about the new Blogger banner at the top of all free blogs (like this one), is the search feature. Have you tried it yet? It searches in the blog and the comments. How cool is that? Now if I can introduce some kind of consistency with naming my projects and techniques, it might be more useful.

The other new thing about the banner is the ability to move from Blogger blog to Blogger blog. I'm not convinced this is a good thing, but apparently people are using the feature. I get a lot of referrals from all sorts of blogs. I wonder what a non-knitter thinks of a knitting blog? Is it boring? strange? interesting? or does he/she just hit "NEXT BLOG" as quickly as possible?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home