Knit Flix

Monday, August 23, 2004

Bowing down to Yarn Harlot

If Yarn Harlot is a blog, what is this?

Last week, someone at SnB or the IKMU mentioned that Yarn Harlot was their favorite blog, so I had to investigate. I remembered stumbling across Yarn Harlot a while ago, but being confused as to why a wedding couple was holding and kissing a SIP. It was probably a busy time for me at work or at home, so I didn't pursue it further.

So last week I started at the first blog entry on January 23, 2004. Her writing style and sense of humor grabbed me right away and I found myself eagerly reading and scrolling up the page. What I couldn't (and still don't) understand is how she could knit so fast?! When she'd show progress from one posting to the next, I'd have to scroll up and down to look at the dates. Certainly there was at least 3 to 7 days since the last post, right? Wrong! She would make significant progress in one day. It was incredible. With 3 daughters, a husband, and a job, she was able to churn out the most wonderful shawls and sweaters and afgans and other knitted objects at an amazing rate.

Does she have ghost knitters like Tom Clancy or Stephen King? I mean, is it possible for one person to do it all? It really is impressive.

Back to the comparison between her blog and my blog. Don't get me wrong. I like my blog. I like that people visit and leave comments, and that someone may even find a helpful tip or two. But Yarn Harlot makes me feel like there should be (or are) different classes of blogs.

I like Yarn Harlot.

3 Comments:

  • Oh, Yarn Harlot... I am not worthy... ;)

    -Jeni

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/23/2004 11:43 PM  

  • Hi Elisa--I think Stephanie already has a fan club, or at least a loyal following--I mean sometimes she has 30 to 40 comments for a post! I haven't visited Ken's blog yet, but thanks for the URL.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 8/23/2004 11:54 PM  

  • I want to be a Harlot when I grow up. Adore her. And she knits like the wind.

    By Blogger Amie, at 8/24/2004 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home