Knit Flix

Friday, September 03, 2004

The Passion of the Christ

The Passion of the Christ (**+)

No doubt about it, this movie is filled with passion. Unfortunately, much of it belongs to the Romans which results in too many bloody, bloody scenes. Not that I'm opposed to some of that in a movie if it's needed to tell a story, but it gets tiresome when the scenes go on and on (and on). I get it Mel, I get it.


My vote for best actress goes to Maia Morgenstern who delivers a powerful and moving performance as Mary.

2 Comments:

  • I'm not terribly religious, so I feel blasphemous for saying this, but I'm not terribly sure why Christians are flipping over a movie where their lord and savior has the crap beat out of him for three hours - well I get the whole "he's suffering for our sins" stuff, but it just seems... excessive? Dunno.

    By Blogger Ilona, at 9/03/2004 11:10 AM  

  • I think a lot of the concerns were about the film being perceived as being anti-Semitic. Mel clearly put the spotlight on Caiphas & company. I'm not terribly religous either, so I interpreted it as more of a power struggle with politics and religion being closely coupled, if not one in the same at the time. But hey, that's just one knitter's opinion.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 9/03/2004 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home