Knit Flix

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

What is it about this sweater?

After fixing the buttonhole, I was inspired to knit-knit-knit. I love it when you get to the armhole shaping because each row has fewer stitches so the work grows at a quick pace.

I wrote out the pattern row-by-row, included the buttonhole placement (thank you very much), and proceeded to knit a few more inches. Keeping the yarn from the 3 skeins straight took a bit of maneuvering, but the 2s2c method trained me well. It was all going great... until...

I looked at all the lovely cables and wouldn't you know it? I missed 2 cables on the buttonband. They're side-by-side, so at least they're on the same row. Ratso.

So, again, I put the work down and left it for the evening. I'm hoping the rip down, repair, knit up technique will work again. Jon recently posted that he has some cables to fix and is considering using the method that Aven describes here. I don't think I'll need to resort to such drastic measures because they're cables that go straight down as opposed to weaving across other cables.

We'll see.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Bogie! I am in awe by how you fixed your sweater. Cables give me a headache when I even THINK of attempting to knit more than one. Yay you!

    By Blogger Dusa, at 9/07/2004 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home