Knit Flix

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Loving Lorna's Laces

Spinnity has been working on another pair of A Step Above socks (ASA), this time in LL's Tuscany. I've been meaning to make this pattern again. In fact I had one failed attempt last year because the yarn I chose had color runs that were too short, resulting in a muddled look.

As I was admiring Spinnity's socks and the pairing of the yarn with the pattern--no surprise there, the pattern was written for LL for goodness sakes--I remembered that I have some LL in my stash.

So instead of finishing Threepenny, I'm knitting entrelac socks.

A Step Above, Knitter's 75 Summer 2004 in LL camo

This is my first experience with Lorna's Laces and I absolutely love it.

Related posts:
ASA #1
ASA #2

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

  • Very cool. Your 1st ASA socks were my inspiration to start mine (I only have one down... another coming eventually).

    By Blogger aija, at 6/11/2006 8:15 PM  

  • For me, LL is the only non pure wool sock yarn worth knitting. I ought to knit some. I sure have enough!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/11/2006 8:47 PM  

  • Love LL. I also find that it wears really well!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/11/2006 10:12 PM  

  • These exact socks (same colorway too!) were my first foray into entrelac! I loved every stitch! I made a second pair in Daffodil that came out spectcular too!
    I should revisit them again soon, what a fun knit! I have pics in my 2005 FO link if you want a peek!

    By Blogger Debi, at 6/12/2006 2:54 AM  

  • I love the socks!! Isn't LL the greatest! I never thought of entrelac socks - now I've got something else to try - darn you!!!

    By Blogger JulieLoves2Knit, at 6/16/2006 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home