Knit Flix

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Let's rethink this

The denial is over. This is the wrong yarn for this pattern, and it's the wrong pattern for this yarn. I had an inkling of this after I finished the base triangles, but I thought/hoped the diamonds would look better.

I don't hate how it looks, but I want to see more of the entrelac pattern--it's lost in the short runs of color.


Instead of "how'd you do that" entrelac diamonds, I've got a mass of seaweed.


I can't bring myself to rip it out right now, maybe I'll do it tonight.

Huh. Seaweed. Life's a beach.

5 Comments:

  • Crumb bum! That's really too bad. I think you've made the right choice.. why go to the bother of making all those squares if they can't be seen in the end. Maybe a nice lace for this yarn?

    By Blogger spinnity, at 6/30/2005 9:11 AM  

  • At this point I'm leaning toward some simple ribbing--leave it to me to go from one extreme to another. :-)

    By Blogger Bogie, at 6/30/2005 11:49 AM  

  • I agree... that's gorgeous yarn and a very interesting pattern, but together neither of them are showing off as much as they could. Decisions, decisions!

    By Blogger goodkarma, at 7/01/2005 2:05 PM  

  • Sorry it isn't working out, but I too agree. The entrelac is so amazing when you can really see it. At least with ribbing you don't really need to think about it. It can be a mindless knitting project.

    ~ Christina

    By Blogger Christina, at 7/01/2005 6:21 PM  

  • I gave up on an entrelac scarf a couple weeks ago. It was making me hyperventilate. Great yarn, Bogie, you just need a different pattern. Ribbing would be nice.

    By Blogger Kate, at 7/13/2005 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home