Knit Flix

Saturday, June 18, 2005

FO 2005-16: Vogue Knitting #5 Spring/Summer 2005


Yarn: Berroco Softwist color = 9420. Less than 600yds.
Needles: Denise #9, 5mm crochet hook
Pattern: Vogue Knitting #5, Spring/Summer 2005, Size=36"

I like it!

There weren't too many hiccups with this one, although the crochet edging took a few rounds of rip-out-and-re-do. No surprise there.

I started with a crochet hook that was the same diameter as the knitting needles. After finishing the edging on a sleeve, I saw that it was too loose, so I ripped it out and used a smaller hook.

The scallops on the body of the sweater took a few tries as well. The edging was ruffling too much on the front edges, so I spaced the sc & 5dcs with 2scs inbetween instead of just one. But that spacing didn't work for the bottom edge, so that ended up being sc, *sk 1sc, 5dc in next sc, sk 2sc, sc in next st, sk 1sc, sc in next st*.

After finishing the edging, everything was still curling crazy so I steamed the heck out of it with the travel steamer and happily it's all lying flat.

Here's one of my favorite things about the sweater:

Labels:

13 Comments:

  • I love it! It looks wonderful on you!!

    By Blogger Ilona, at 6/18/2005 8:34 PM  

  • Fabulous. I feel like I'm not even worthy to knit in your shadow. ;)

    By Blogger Emy, at 6/18/2005 9:56 PM  

  • It fits so well and it just goes with that shawl!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/18/2005 10:17 PM  

  • Gorgeous work, as usual! It fits you very nicely too.

    By Blogger Abigail, at 6/18/2005 10:26 PM  

  • Very pretty! The crochet edging is a really nice touch on that sweater. Geez, I've missed a lot of progress at SnB these past few weeks, and I'm still not there. :-(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/19/2005 8:09 PM  

  • Beautiful! I really like the twist and the edging.

    ~ Christina

    By Blogger Christina, at 6/19/2005 9:59 PM  

  • Once again you are the knitting goddess! Picked a great pattern and a great yarn. Knitting and finishing look awesome. Finished object looks **great** on you, esp. with the matching shawl

    By Blogger spinnity, at 6/20/2005 12:55 AM  

  • I just saw your finished sweater with crochet edging. Fits you beautifully and the color looks good on you.
    LK

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/20/2005 7:16 PM  

  • Both of those items are beautiful! Great job!

    By Blogger Michelle, at 6/24/2005 12:22 PM  

  • The color and the fit are fabulous! This sweater looks better on you than on the VK model!

    By Blogger Kate, at 6/26/2005 11:44 AM  

  • That is beautiful...the twist makes it really unique. And your shawl is pretty, too!

    By Blogger Lori, at 6/27/2005 7:38 AM  

  • What size of crochet hook did you end up using? I'm trying to work the edging on mine and it's just not working out right.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/25/2005 11:56 PM  

  • Andrea,

    The crochet hook size that I used is listed under the first picture, 5mm. That's size H.

    Hope that helps!

    By Blogger Bogie, at 8/26/2005 6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home