Knit Flix

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Unblocked goodness

One week and 4 hours later, we almost have a Leaf Lace Shawl.

Almost because it needs to be blocked and the ends need to be woven.

Speaking of ends, check out how much of the Quarry Hill is left.


Talk about cutting it close. I thought for sure that I'd run out. Thankfully, Spinnity and I came up with a contingency plan at SnB--switch back to Old Rose for the bind off. That gave me the confidence to knit knit knit away. It was looking dicey for a while, but it all came together. Exactly to plan! ;-)

It's beautiful, it's warm, and I can't quite bring myself to take it off to block it. Maybe tomorrow.

9 Comments:

  • Wowzers, you finished that in lightning speed!!! Can't wait to see it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/29/2005 9:09 PM  

  • Your lace shawl is absolutely beautiful. Looks great without blocking. Amazing speed! LK

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/29/2005 9:39 PM  

  • It's beatiful. The colors move wonderfully. Did you also make the sweater underneath? What pattern is that?

    By Blogger HoJo, at 5/30/2005 8:27 AM  

  • You've got a good eye Hollis--it's called Evening Breeze and it's in Knitter's Magazine Issue 74, Spring 2004. The yarn is Lion Brand Microspun.

    http://knitflix.blogspot.com/2004/05/finally-photos.html

    By Blogger Bogie, at 5/30/2005 9:21 AM  

  • Your shawl is very pretty. I love the colors you chose!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/30/2005 3:42 PM  

  • Can I post a pic of your finished lace leaf in the finished gallery for Full Thread Ahead? Pretty Please?

    By Blogger HoJo, at 5/30/2005 4:26 PM  

  • Of course you can! It's blocking right now, but I'll send you a photo when it's off the wires.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 5/30/2005 4:56 PM  

  • Gorgeous!

    By Blogger Abigail, at 5/30/2005 8:24 PM  

  • Hey, i remember that top! I remember seeing that one of the first times at SNB and I marveled at the skill. ((((old knitted friends))))

    By Blogger Ilona, at 5/30/2005 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home