Knit Flix

Friday, May 20, 2005

VK Flame Stitch Cardigan Pattern Error: Front Shaping, Crochet join

Here's another pattern error and a puzzlement.

Thanks to knitty knit knit for pointing out the error. I wrote it down in my notebook but never got around to posting it on the blog. Again, this was discovered while knitting the 37-1/2" size.

The front shaping has this instruction:
*bind off 1 st of next RS row, bind off 2 sts at the beg of next 2 RS rows *; rep between *'s 3 times more

which is a total of 4 times. That's too many repeats.

Instead, rep between the *'s one more time (for a total of 2 times). Bind off 2 st at the beg of the next RS row.

Now, for the puzzlement. Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't make heads or tails out of the instructions for joining the ribbing to the body. I tried 4 times to get it right and finally had to come up with my own funktified way of doing it. It's not right though. I'll leave this up to you folks. Leave a comment if you figure out how it's supposed to be done.

1 Comments:

  • I'm not even going therre. I started with the ribbing and will just go right into the body from it. I did my swatch that way and I don't have a problem with it. I am for all in one rather than seaming when I can avoid it.
    chrisknits

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/21/2005 6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home