Knit Flix

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Test knitting

Jen at Figheadh put out a call for test knitters on Knitter's Review Forums, so I threw my hat in the ring.

May I present the soon-to-be-finished Zigzag Lace sock.


Pink! Pink Power Pink! It's Patons Kroy sock yarn that I picked up at Elann.

So how is test knitting? Well, it's a bit of a challenge to read a pattern so closely and to think about how other knitters would interpret the pattern. It's also out of character for me to knit these types of socks on DPN's. Normally I'd knit 2 socks on 2 circulars. Other than that, it's fine. I get a free pattern out of the deal, and Jen gets some feedback.

(As Emy implied in her last comment, I'm not shy about giving feedback! :-) )

But, it's nice to know that Jen is welcoming the feedback... unlike Vogue Knitting who hasn't responded to (or posted) any of the pattern corrections for the Flame St Cardigan.

Speaking of Flame St Cardi corrections, the sleeve decreases are wrong in the pattern as well. Nothing major, just annoying. At least I don't think it's anything major. I haven't sewed them onto the body yet. *sigh*

4 Comments:

  • Oh my stars and feathers, I can't believe that I didn't notice that you were knitting the socks on dpns!

    By Blogger Emy, at 5/04/2005 6:24 PM  

  • I like the lace pattern. Do you think the lace would work well in a Lorna's Laces multi-color? I'm still looking for just the right pattern for some Valentine colored yarn.

    It's nice to see you back online, hope the work onslaught didn't hurt too bad

    By Blogger spinnity, at 5/05/2005 1:10 AM  

  • Love the socks, can't wait for the pattern to be available. And thanks for testing it for everyone.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/05/2005 8:45 AM  

  • Not sure how the pattern would look in a multicolor--you might want to swatch a generic zig zag lace to see if it gets lost the colors.

    About work... if only the onslaught was over! Things should slow down next week. I see a light at the end of the tunnel and I'm almost positive it isn't a train.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 5/05/2005 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home