Knit Flix

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Chullo lives!

I haven't posted for a while 'cause it's our busy time at work. I've been knitting, but at a much slower pace than usual.

I've been carrying this project around in my bag for 3 months now. Yikes. Time to pick it up.

For a while now, I've been meaning to ask my DS to teach me the 2 handed technique for knitting fair isle, but never seemed to get around to it--until a few weeks ago. She also helped me with Continental knitting which really improved my technique. Thanks big sis!

In no time, I've completed another 2 inches of the Cross-country Chullo and am ready to start the ear flaps.


But the project has stalled again.

I'm looking at the areas where I switched from one circular to another and am wondering if I should rip down and reknit those columns of stitches to fix some of the anomalies. Oh bother. Consensus at SnB last weekend was most of what I was seeing would be minimized with blocking.

I'll let this stew for a bit while I continue with another project, some test knitting for Jen at Figheadh. Following a pattern to the letter will be a challenge, but providing feedback should be right up my alley.

4 Comments:

  • providing feedback should be right up my alley.

    Hehehehehe...that makes me giggle. ;)

    By Blogger Emy, at 5/03/2005 10:26 PM  

  • Wow, the Chullo's looking great. Nice job.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/04/2005 12:21 PM  

  • Looks awesome! I love the fair isle work you've done - it looks fabulous. Hey, if you're in town Memorial Day Weekend, let me know - I'll be here that Sunday and can stop by OVC. :-)

    By Blogger Ilona, at 5/04/2005 8:40 PM  

  • Having recently steamed a piece of wool stranded knitting.. I think they are right. The anomalies will block and/or steam out.

    The hat is really sweet. Love the colors, actually. I didn't think I would, but they are winning me over!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 5/05/2005 1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home